Many women experience abnormal periods or spotting between periods sometime in their lives. So if you find this spotting there is nothing to worry about it can be because of some health problem such as thyroid disorder or cervical cancer. Spotting is considered as minimal bleeding, some have light spotting on either side of their period instead of a full day of bleeding, others will have spotting in the middle of the cycle during ovulation. If your spotting has been happening consistently for several months you have to take it as serious. So here in this article “What does spotting while you are not on your periods say about your health?” we will help to find out the main possibilities and causes of it. Read on.
Reasons For Spotting Between Periods
It is a sign of health problem, so here are some reasons for spotting between periods. Let’s find out.
If you notice spotting after intercourse, then it may due to an infection. It may cause especially after intercourse or douching. Sexually transmitted infections are often the cause of infection.
- Changed your Birth Control
Changing your birth control can alter progesterone levels and lead to temporary spotting. Such as birth control pills, sometimes cause abnormal vaginal bleeding. You may have minor bleeding between periods during the first few months if you have recently started using birth control pills. You also may have bleeding if you do not take your pills at a regular time each day
- Messing with your Hormones
Thyroid disorders and polycystic ovary syndrome can both cause irregular periods and spotting.
- You Might have Fibroids
Developing uterine fibroids can also cause spotting and even pain.
- You May be Pregnant
Spotting is common during the first trimester and is usually in brownish color.
- You may take Certain Meds
Some types of hormonal medications can cause spotting.
- Hormonal Contraceptives
It is a common cause of vaginal bleeding between periods, and also it usually only occurs for the first 3 months of using the contraceptive. Some examples of hormonal contraceptives include:
- intrauterine device
- Birth control patch
- vaginal ring
- contraceptive pill
- contraceptive implant
Also, read Alkatone Keto review
Treatment and Prevention
There are some treatment and preventions which has to be followed, here are some tips you have to follow. Let’s take a look
- Keeping track of when bleeding happens, how often it lasts, and how much blood is lost can help a doctor diagnoses a cause.
- Attending cervical screening at the age of 21, it helps to check for anything unusual in the tissue of the cervix.
- Treatment can include losing weight, taking hormonal contraceptives, and using metabolic treatments.
- There is no cure for PCOS, but it is possible to manage the symptoms.
- Small tears and bleeding can be caused by damage to dry skin in the vagina.
- Using an artificial lubricant and ensuring arousal before sex can prevent damage to the vagina during sexual activity.
So hope you liked this article “What does spotting while you are not on your periods say about your health” and find useful. Are there any questions or if you have any other suggestion and inquiries you can get in touch with me through the comments section.