When we needed to maintain life, metabolism is the bodily process. Metabolism refers to the biochemical process that occurs in any living organism. Maybe you have heard about the word metabolism. Some of the individuals say that “ I can’t lose weight because I have a slow metabolism”.
Myths And Facts About Metabolism And Calories Burning
At the same time, some people blame a lack of weight loss on a slow metabolism, the truth is more likely to be that the calories they are consuming outweigh their body’s needs. Skipping breakfast and crash diets are no way to lose weight, so to find out more about it. In this article “Myths and Facts About Your Metabolism That Will Help You Understand How You Burn Calories” you will find the major myths and facts about it. If you like to know more about it continue reading the article.
What is Metabolism?
Metabolism is called as the chemical reactions that burn calories, those chemical reactions can be categorized into three: your resting metabolic rate (RMR), the thermic effect of physical activity (TEPA), and the thermic effect of feeding (TEF).
- Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR)
Some people do have a higher RMR than others. Children have especially high-calorie needs when at rest compared to adults. On average a child under age 6 at rest burns twice as many calories per pound as an adult. Between ages 6 and 18, your RMR drops by about 25%, and every decade after that your RMR drop another 2% to 3%. That’s mostly because we tend to become less active as we grow older, meaning we tend to lose calorie-burning muscle mass.
- Thermic Effect of Physical Activity (TEPA)
The word thermic refers to the meaning of heat. TEPA accounts for about 15% to 30% of your total calories spent in a day, depending on how active you are. Even shivering and fidgeting count toward this total.
- Thermic Effect of Feeding (TEF)
About 10% of the calories you use up every day come down to TEF. TEF represents all the energy you spend digesting, storing, transporting, and absorbing the food you eat.
Metabolism can be used in two terms either anabolism or catabolism.
Anabolism: It is called as the building up of things. Which is called as a succession of chemical reactions that build molecules from smaller components; anabolic processes usually require energy.
Catabolism: It is called as breaking down of things. Which is a series of chemical reactions that break down complex molecules into smaller units; catabolic processes usually release energy.
Facts and Myths about Metabolism
We’re here to help you separate metabolic fact from fantasy. Read on for medical facts verified by health experts that can help you understand the role metabolism plays in weight loss, as well as tips for maintaining a healthy metabolic balance.
- Myth: You have no control over your metabolism.
- Fact: When you have greater muscles, staying fit is the best way. So that exercise can boost your energy.
- Myth: Skipping meals is an ideal way to speed up your metabolism.
- Fact: Skipping meals can lead to nutrient deficiencies. Eating regular meals helps weight loss. Our body, especially the brain, requires a regular supply of glucose from food to function effectively. So skipping your meal is not a good idea and habit for you.
- Myth: Certain foods boost metabolism.
- Fact: Some of the research and studies have proven that certain foods like chilies will boost metabolism. The truth is that only exercise can increase your metabolism. Although fruits and vegetables don’t boost metabolism, incorporating more into your diet.
- Myth: Going without breakfast will help you lose weight.
- Fact: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It kick-starts the metabolism, sustains your energy throughout the day and can even reduce hunger, helping you to effectively control your weight.
Don’t miss the Best CBD Oils For Dogs With Anxiety
- Myth: Late-night snacking slows down metabolism.
- Fact: It doesn’t matter what time you eat; what’s important is how many calories you consume. If your total calorie intake is less than the number of calories you expend you will be sure to lose weight.
So hope you liked this article “Myths and Facts About Your Metabolism That Will Help You Understand How You Burn Calories” and find useful. If you had loved this article we had love to hear about your results. Are there any questions or if you have any other suggestion and inquiries you can get in touch with me through the comments section.